Re: Login issues (wiki, commitfest) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Login issues (wiki, commitfest)
Date
List pgsql-www
On 06/18/2013 05:36 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2013 5:05 PM, "Paul Waring" <paul@xk7.net
> <mailto:paul@xk7.net>> wrote:
>>
>> On 18/06/13 15:59, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
>>>
>>> Just a quick heads-up - I am no longer able to log in to
>>> wiki.postgresql.org <http://wiki.postgresql.org> (despite
>>> successfully logging in on the main PostgreSQL site) - clicking on the
>>> wiki login link
>>> causes a redirect to the https site via www.postgresql.org
> <http://www.postgresql.org> but with no effect.
>>>
>>> The commitfest login resolutely rejects my login attempts.
>>>
>>> I guess this is the same issue as mentioned on the reviewers list:
>>>

> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjNrYsAYTxP+FFtuZcadmqQjBq9ZhB9naNYeDNyCR+NY=H0Rg@mail.gmail.com
>>>
>>> FWIW I probably changed my password a few weeks ago, and changed it
>>> just now again
>>> in the hope it might solve the problem.
>>

>> I seem to be having the same problem - I can login on the main site
> (www), but when I return to the wiki I'm not logged in. I haven't
> changed my password, and my browser deletes all cookies when I close it
>
> The issue with the commit fest was reported here earlier and is a known
> bug affecting new accounts and accounts that changed their password
> since Sunday (should be in the archives for this list as well as the
> reviewers list I believe) . I have an idea how to fix that, and will
> look at it as soon as possible but it needs some extensive testing.
>
> The wiki issue is new and definitely something different. Hopefully
> Stefan or someone else on the team can look into that one.

hmm for the wiki it seems we actually have two different issues and I
have found a way to reproduce the problem using a test-account as well.
However I'm not 100% sure yet on what exactly is causing the issue, it
seems related to the mediawiki/OS upgrade from the weekend but it might
take a while to solve that :(

Stefan