Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/16/2013 01:44 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'll also say:
> * we need to assign CF managers at least 2 weeks in advance of each CF *
> we need to replace them if they get too busy to follow-through,
> * and the last CF needs two managers.
Strong +1 on both of those.

I tried to pick up a CF that was already totally off the rails most of
the way through, then had a bunch of other work come in. Add
inexperience with the process and, well, it didn't go well.

I see nothing but advantages in having more than one person involved. A
decent lead-in rather than trying to step in once it's already in
progress and badly behind would make a world of difference too. Finally,
I'd like to see the CFs can be kept short enough and closed on schedule
ready-or-not with all open work bumped to the next CF, so that people
doing the CF as part of their work can schedule their participation
properly rather than having it open-ended and uncertain. This would make
it a lot easier to get a firm commitment of dedicated time.