Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28.05.2013 01:12, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 05/16/2013 01:44 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I'll also say:
>> * we need to assign CF managers at least 2 weeks in advance of each CF *
>> we need to replace them if they get too busy to follow-through,
>> * and the last CF needs two managers.
> Strong +1 on both of those.
>
> I tried to pick up a CF that was already totally off the rails most of
> the way through, then had a bunch of other work come in. Add
> inexperience with the process and, well, it didn't go well.
>
> I see nothing but advantages in having more than one person involved.

Shared responsibility is no-one's responsibility. If we are to have
multiple CF managers, I think it would be good to have one who's mainly
responsible, and the second one's job is to nag the first manager if
nothing happens, and quickly take over if necessary. Ie. a hot standby
arrangement, rather than two equal CF managers.

- Heikki