Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Date
Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/15/2013 10:30 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Uhm.  If I've been anything wrt the 9.3 schedule, happy is not it.  We
> completely failed to manage it in any kind of sane way.  I vote +1 for
> keeping the same commitfest schedule this year, but please let's do
> everyone a favor and make sure we get some more (stricter?) management
> of the commitfests this time.  Not closing the November commitfest in
> March would be appreciated, I think.

Well, we could actually *follow* the schedule we outlined at the
Developer Meeting last year, including the triage periods.

I'll also say:
* we need to assign CF managers at least 2 weeks in advance of each CF *
we need to replace them if they get too busy to follow-through,
* and the last CF needs two managers.

We went pretty far off schedule this year because we didn't manage the
process.  Especially given the rudimentary tools we have to work with,
we can't afford to do that.

I'd be happy to manage the first CF on June 15th, if nobody else wants to.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.