Re: pg_ctl stop failure - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andreas Schmitz
Subject Re: pg_ctl stop failure
Date
List pgsql-novice
You have to set the wal_level to archive in postgresql.conf

regards

Andreas

On 05/22/2013 12:31 PM, Birchall, Austen wrote:
> As
>
> show archive_command;
>   archive_command
> -----------------
>   (disabled)
> (1 row)
>
> Doesn't this mean that I can't use pg_start_backup but something to keep in mind for the future
>
> Thanks
>
> Austen

copy.The advantage is that no databases and backend processes need to be terminated.

> regards
>
> Andreas
>

> On 05/20/2013 11:57 AM, Birchall, Austen wrote:
>> Hi Andreas
>>
>> Due to permissions associated with the ESRI 'system' user even in 9.* you can't do a simple restore from an online
backup- you have to restore public first- for 8.3 I have unable to get this solution to work hence going down the
offlineroute, which is actually not an issue as regards downtime for the particular databases I am working on at
present.