Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Liming Hu
Subject Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/17/2013 12:39 PM, Liming Hu wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> Can we add Levenshtein-Damerau edit distance since it is used in
>>> spelling checker
>>> instead of levenshtein edit distance?
>> Patches welcome!  You, too, can be a PostgreSQL contributor.
>>
>> However, you will need to preserve the ability of users to use the old
>> levenshtien algorithm as well, for backwards-compatibility.  Shouldn't
>> be hard, just add a new function called levenshtiend().
>>
> I am working on it, I will make it this weekend project.

I have done that. and put the code at github:
https://github.com/liminghu/fuzzystrmatch

liming@liming-UX31A:~/Downloads/postgresql-9.1.9/contrib/fuzzystrmatch$
sudo cp fuzzystrmatch.so
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so
liming@liming-UX31A:~/Downloads/postgresql-9.1.9/contrib/fuzzystrmatch$
sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
 * Restarting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server
   [ OK ]

select dameraulevenshteinnocompatible('cta', 'cat',1,1,1,1);
CREATE EXTENSION fuzzystrmatch;

ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so":
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/fuzzystrmatch.so: undefined symbol:
damerau_levenshtein_internal_noncompatible

Any one can help me on this? Thanks.