Re: Running out of memory on vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Running out of memory on vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/14/2013 10:25 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:
> I agree and I will do.
> Now let me ask you this. How much memory would be decent you put on a server with 2000 users creating transactions
every4-10 seconds (2 to 20 inserts) at pick times? I know more should be considered when taking such decision but I
wouldlike to know your point of view at a first sight...

how many 100s of CPU cores do you have to execute those 1000+ concurrent
transactions?