Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums
Date
Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums  ("ktm@rice.edu" <ktm@rice.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/10/13 1:06 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> Of course the paranoid DBA could turn off restart_after_crash and do a manual investigation on every crash, but in
thatcase the database would refuse to restart even in the case where it perfectly clear that all the following WAL
belongsto the recycled file and not the current file.

Perhaps we should also allow for zeroing out WAL files before reuse (or just disable reuse). I know there's a
performancehit there, but the reuse idea happened before we had bgWriter. Theoretically the overhead creating a new
filewould always fall to bgWriter and therefore not be a big deal.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net