Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
A new version was released last week.

On February 15, 2015 11:23:05 PM EET, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:21 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:

Le 15/02/2015 22:18, Dave Page a écrit :
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:06 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
Hey guys,

Last time I checked, there's now more that 40 Foreign Data Wrappers in
the wild and the wiki that tries to keep track of everything is kind of
a mess :

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

* The page is way too long to scroll
* Separating the "native" FDW from the "multicorn" FDW doesn't really
make sense for the end user.
* For some data source, they are several FDW living their own lives
(mongo for instance)
* For each FDW the data provided can easily be standardized ( data
source, url, PGXN link, comment, etc.) so that each project can be
treated in the same way
* We need to find a unified format to update and maintain this data easily

So I'd like to start a complete makeover of this page, but before I go
bonkers on the wiki syntax, here's a preview :

Here's the NoSQL section as it is now :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers#NoSQL_Database_Wrappers

Here's the NoSQL section as I'd like it to be :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FDW_v2

Any comments ?

I think that's much better - thanks.

Just to note though - EDB took over maintenance of the Mongo FDW from
Citus Data, with their approval. You should probably only list that
one once.

good to know, I'll update the page.

Does this means that EDB is maintaining the PGXN package as well ?

Yes, I believe that's all been sorted out with David now. I don't know
if a new release has been pushed yet though.