Re: Stuffing six separate columns into a single array? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From C. Bensend
Subject Re: Stuffing six separate columns into a single array?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> How does dns_ptr relate to other data?  Depending on what you're
> doing, other ways of organizing your tables might also make sense.

These are actually DNS servers authoritive for a domain that is stored
in a VARCHAR() in the same table.

After sleeping on it, I think using an array is indeed not the right
choice.  I think splitting the nameservers off into their own table
is probably smarter for what I want to do.

Thanks, Michael, for the mental boot to the head.  :)

Benny

--
"Even if a man chops off your hand with a sword, you still have two nice,
sharp bones to stick in his eyes."                                                     -- .sig on Slashdot