Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2013.04.30 4:55 PM, Yang Zhang wrote:
> I would intuit that it's fine, but I just want to make sure there are
> no gotchas from a recovery point of view:
>
> If I were to lose my temp tablespace upon system crash, would this
> prevent proper crash recovery?
>
> Also, if I were to omit the temp tablespace from the base backup,
> would that prevent proper backup recovery?

Although it would be nice if what you said would work, I read in a recent blog
post that losing any tablespace would prevent the database server from starting,
even if it was only for temporary things. -- Darren Duncan