Re: ISSUE after upgrading to POSTGRES 8.4.8 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: ISSUE after upgrading to POSTGRES 8.4.8
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 30.04.2013 09:40, Bansal, Pradeep wrote:
> I have observed the below issue after upgrading to the above mentioned version of postgress. Any help is very much
appreciated:-

> ISSUE:-
> SEQUENCE STATEMENTS = SELECT nextval('"serial1"')
> PQstatus(m_connection) :- CONNECTION OK
> PQdb name : RAIDSAPROVDB : server closed the connection unexpectedly
>          This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>          before or while processing the request.
>
> The above error is seen after postgress restart/fresh installation couple of times. While executing the same query
thriceand so on it runs as expected.

> I am not able to understand that why it is getting failed initially. ???? kindly let me know if this is an existing
bugin the postgress or any fix available for the same.

You didn't mention what version you upgraded from, but in any case, you
should at least upgrade to the latest 8.4.x minor release, which is
8.4.17. There have been a lot of bugs fixed between 8.4.8 and 8.4.17. I
don't know if any of them explain the issue you're seeing, but there's
not much point debugging it further before you upgrade.

- Heikki