Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 04/26/2013 04:40 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> WWW,
>>
>> wiki.postgresql.org is auto-logging me out after an hour, or less.  This
>> is irritating when I'm editing a really long wiki page.  Could we please
>> set it to something like 8 hours?
>
> AFAICT, this is controlled by the PHP variable session.cache_expire,
> which is set to 3 hours already. are you really editing the same page
> longer than 3 hours and thus getting kicked off, or may there be
> something else at play?

You already seem to be on the trail of this, but the defacto timeout is
definitely somewhere between 10min and 1 hour, and far less than 3 hours.

Paul's diagnosis would be consistent with the random-seeming kickoffs
I'm getting.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.