Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 04/26/2013 08:09 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> This user appears to have subscribed to the novice list today, and
>>> since their first and only message is spam, I have removed them.
>>
>> For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
>> spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
>> regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
>> pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)
>>
>> (Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
>> Majordomo's global roster.)
>
> If you did that to me after some %$^£$%@^ had used my email address to
> send spam, I would be extremely pissed off at you as I'd have to
> resubscribe and reconfigure all the mailing lists I use, and might
> miss messages in threads I was participating in. We absolutely should
> be looking at posting history before unsubscribing anyone.

I would call for your removal as a moderator. This isn't a fascist
regime here. Sometimes sh*t happens and we need to account for that.

Context matters.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579