Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 04/26/2013 06:13 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
>>> spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
>>> regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
>>> pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)
>>>
>>> (Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
>>> Majordomo's global roster.)
>>
>> If you did that to me after some %$^£$%@^ had used my email address to
>> send spam, I would be extremely pissed off at you as I'd have to
>> resubscribe and reconfigure all the mailing lists I use, and might
>> miss messages in threads I was participating in. We absolutely should
>> be looking at posting history before unsubscribing anyone.
>
> I would call for your removal as a moderator. This isn't a fascist
> regime here. Sometimes sh*t happens and we need to account for that.

I don't think wording like that is appropriate here.I do agree that unsubscribing random addresses without any
validation
is what we should do and I'm pretty sure it is not what alvaro does, but
calling this a "fascist regime" without any proof and further details
seems way too much for my taste.

Stefan