Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 09:57:20AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 04/26/2013 04:40 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> >> WWW,
> >>
> >> wiki.postgresql.org is auto-logging me out after an hour, or less.  This
> >> is irritating when I'm editing a really long wiki page.  Could we please
> >> set it to something like 8 hours?
> >
> > AFAICT, this is controlled by the PHP variable session.cache_expire,
> > which is set to 3 hours already. are you really editing the same page
> > longer than 3 hours and thus getting kicked off, or may there be
> > something else at play?
>
> You already seem to be on the trail of this, but the defacto timeout is
> definitely somewhere between 10min and 1 hour, and far less than 3 hours.
>
> Paul's diagnosis would be consistent with the random-seeming kickoffs
> I'm getting.

Yes, I have found it annoying too and complained.  The big problem is
you are sitting on a wiki page, e.g. TODO, and when you hit the 'edit'
button, you can't because you were logged out.  This is just
user-hostile.

http://enterprisedb.com