Re: UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=0 causes Windows gpf in Unicode Driver versions > 08.04.0200 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=0 causes Windows gpf in Unicode Driver versions > 08.04.0200
Date
In response to UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=0 causes Windows gpf in Unicode Driver versions > 08.04.0200  (ljwilson <ljwilson@digitalav.com>)
Responses Re: UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=0 causes Windows gpf in Unicode Driver versions > 08.04.0200  (ljwilson <ljwilson@digitalav.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 21.04.2013 20:56, ljwilson wrote:
> I've been upgrading some Windows servers from PostgreSQL 8.3.18 to 9.2.4.
> Along with that I upgraded psqlODBC for the Windows clients from 8.0x.xxxx
> to 09.01.0200.
>
> All was fine until I had a customer who could consistently get a gpf in
> psqlodbc35w.dll when doing an export.
>
> Getting a copy of their database, I could reproduce as well.
>
> Trying different driver versions, I've found no crashes with the 8.0x
> psqlODBC series, but I can reproduce the gpf starting with 09.00.xxxx
> through the latest 9.01.02?? that I compiled yesterday (2013/04/20) from the
> git repository.
>
> I've used UseDeclareFetch=1 and Fetch=100 since I started with PostgreSQL
> back in 2008.
>
> Now with the 09.xx.xxxx drivers I don't get a crash if I:
>
> 1. Set UseDeclareFetch=0
> or
> 2. Set UseServerSidePrepare=1
>
> I've got a 31MB mylog file (zipped) of an entire client session. I can
> uploaded somewhere if that would help The bulk of that could be
> stripped-out; probably just the first and last 1000 lines are relevant. The
> actual sql is doing an update one record at a time of a numeric(14,0) value.
> It updates the first two records, executes a fetch, then crashes (when
> UseDeclareFetch=1 and UseServerSidePrepare=0).

If you could reduce it to a small self-contained test program, that
would help a lot. Or if you could narrow it down to the commit that
introduced the problem, using "git bisect".

- Heikki