Re: Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> Whilst having a regular 4-6 month cycle (er... when was the last time
> THAT happened?) is alright, we should get the *Windows* native version
> out to the world ASAP.

We don't have a Windows native version, and it sounds like it'll be
awhile before we have an offered set of patches to review.  I think
making any release schedule plans on the basis of (ahem) vaporware
patches is a bit foolhardy.

The "quick 7.4" plan was based on the assumption that PITR and Windows
patches would both be available almost immediately.  If that doesn't
come to pass then I see no reason not to go with a normal-length
development cycle.