Re: Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

<snip>
> What do others want, a regular 4-6 month cycle or a shorter one?

Whilst having a regular 4-6 month cycle (er... when was the last time
THAT happened?) is alright, we should get the *Windows* native version
out to the world ASAP.  This (and secondly PITR) will greatly enhance
the number of users we have.

It's important to do this because companies and governments are looking
to Open Source software in serious ways *now* so we need to be in place
to meet that need as it starts to kick in.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi