Re: SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lee Hachadoorian
Subject Re: SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/16/2013 07:34 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 04/16/2013 02:46 PM, Lee Hachadoorian wrote:
>> List,
>>
>> SQL seems to be behaving in a case-sensitive manner:
>>
>> universe=# select 1;
>>   ?column?
>> ----------
>>          1
>> (1 row)
>>
>> universe=# SELECT 1;
>> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SELECT 1"
>> LINE 1: SELECT 1;
>>          ^
>> I cannot figure out how this happened, and Google is not helping because
>> all I'm getting is information about case-sensitivity in identifiers or
>> in string comparison. I didn't even think this was possible, as I've
>> always switched between lower case and upper case keywords, usually
>> using lower case while testing and upper case to prettify scripts that I
>> will be saving for reuse.
>
> Another question:
>
> Are the psql and Postgres versions the same?

Appears to both be 9.1.8.

lee@tycho ~ $ psql -d universe
psql (9.1.8)
Type "help" for help.

universe=# select version();

version
PostgreSQL 9.1.8 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
(Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit

Regards,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Assistant Professor in Geography, Dartmouth College