SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lee Hachadoorian
Subject SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive
Date
Re: SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive
Re: SQL keywords are suddenly case sensitive
List pgsql-general
List,

SQL seems to be behaving in a case-sensitive manner:

universe=# select 1;
  ?column?
----------
         1
(1 row)

universe=# SELECT 1;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SELECT 1"
LINE 1: SELECT 1;
         ^
I cannot figure out how this happened, and Google is not helping because
all I'm getting is information about case-sensitivity in identifiers or
in string comparison. I didn't even think this was possible, as I've
always switched between lower case and upper case keywords, usually
using lower case while testing and upper case to prettify scripts that I
will be saving for reuse.

version() = "PostgreSQL 9.1.8 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit"

Regards,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Assistant Professor in Geography, Dartmouth College