Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On 04/15/2013 10:57 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 15 April 2013 21:32, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Simon Riggs wrote:

>>> To my knowledge, this is the only list that suffers such huge
>>> differences in moderation times. (Do we measure that?)
>>
>> Eh, list?  Do you mean mailing list?  I thought the problem here is
>> about posting to the news section of the postgresql.org website.
>
> Then clearly the problem happens in two places.

still not getting that - the original complaint was about the news
section on the main website. What exactly is the "second" place?

> For me, delay is OK. What is difficult is not being able to predict
> whether it will be 10 mins or 5 days. If it was always 5 days, that
> would work perfectly. Clearly it can't always be 10 mins.

well to be honest for a lot of our volunteers it is pretty hard to
predict when they can find time for this as well, sometimes they have
right at the moment when the submitter had time sometimes they dont...

Stefan