Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On 15 April 2013 21:32, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On 15 April 2013 21:18, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> > That way nobody will notice that some things take 10 mins and others
>> > extended numbers of days.
>>
>> To my knowledge, this is the only list that suffers such huge
>> differences in moderation times. (Do we measure that?)
>
> Eh, list?  Do you mean mailing list?  I thought the problem here is
> about posting to the news section of the postgresql.org website.

Then clearly the problem happens in two places.

For me, delay is OK. What is difficult is not being able to predict
whether it will be 10 mins or 5 days. If it was always 5 days, that
would work perfectly. Clearly it can't always be 10 mins.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services