Re: Questions about building psqlODBC on Linux/Windows - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Questions about building psqlODBC on Linux/Windows
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2013/04/14 22:41), MauMau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please let me ask a few questions about building psqlODBC on Linux and
> Windows.
>
> Q1: What differences in functionality are there between the driver with
> libpq and the one without libpq?  Which has richer functionality?

Please build the driver with libpq when you can provide it.

> Q2: Do I have to specify PG_INC and PG_LIB to build the ODBC driver on
> Windows with nmake even when LIBPQ=no?

Please specify LIBPQ=yes basically. I added LIBPQ=no option when
 64bit libpq was not provided yet.

> Q3: When should I use the ANSI driver?  I'm not very sure even after
> reading the FAQ.  Is the following understanding correct?

Unfortunately I don't know it.
Unicode drivers should work in theory but some applications/middlewares
prefer ANSI drivers.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue