Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/09/2013 09:01 AM, Michael Meskes wrote:

>> Well no because traditional packagers all release at the same time
>> so that there is no disparity between when Ubuntu gets the fix and
>> Solaris gets the fix.
>
> So what do I misunderstand? As far as I read it, Damien said all should get the
> fix at the same time, right? Which is what you say and also what Dave said,
> isn't it? I think the question we're dancing around here is, should anyone be
> allowed to deploy before the embargo is over? I don't mind DBaaS providers
> getting the fix early, but I mind seeing it deployed early.

Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. No. I do not believe that ANY entity should
be able to deploy before the embargo is over.

Joshua D. Drake

> Michael

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579