Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:39:03AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 04/09/2013 02:55 AM, Michael Meskes wrote:
> >
> >On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 09:21:59AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> >>I'm not arguing either way here... but if you think of DBaaS as "the
> >>new packaging", it starts to seem more reasonable to give folks like
> >>Heroku access at the same time as the traditional packagers.
> >
> >Good point. Isn't this along the same lines as Damien's posting, in that we
> >should not be on the hook for their deployment time?
>
> Well no because traditional packagers all release at the same time
> so that there is no disparity between when Ubuntu gets the fix and
> Solaris gets the fix.

So what do I misunderstand? As far as I read it, Damien said all should get the
fix at the same time, right? Which is what you say and also what Dave said,
isn't it? I think the question we're dancing around here is, should anyone be
allowed to deploy before the embargo is over? I don't mind DBaaS providers
getting the fix early, but I mind seeing it deployed early.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com