Re: What happens between end of explain analyze and end of query execution ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Franck Routier
Subject Re: What happens between end of explain analyze and end of query execution ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Le 05/04/2013 16:18, Nikolas Everett a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Franck Routier <franck.routier@axege.com> wrote:
Le 04/04/2013 21:08, Tom Lane a écrit :
Maybe the statistics tables for sandia and saneds are in a bad shape ? (don't know how to check this).

Regards,

Franck

Could this be caused by system table bloat?

Also, can you check how long it takes to plan:
1.  A query without a table at all (SELECT NOW())
2.  A query with an unrelated table

Again, what version of PostgreSQL is this?

PG 8.4.8
select now() is quick (15ms from pgadmin)
But I can reproduce the problem on other tables : explain on a query with 4 join takes 4.5 seconds on an other set of tables...

System bloat... maybe. Not sure how to check. But as Tom asked, default_statistics_target is 5000. Maybe the problem is here ? What should I look after in pg_statistic to tell is there is a prolem here ?

Regards,
Franck
Attachment