Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL transition? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL transition?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/04/2013 09:16 AM, Roy Anderson wrote:

> We have a very robust Oracle and SQL Server presence at work but we're
> looking to farm out some of the load to PostgreSQL to limit costs.

You can do what we did. EnterpriseDB has built-in Oracle compatibility
through a series of plugins, patches, and wrappers. You can generally
convert with only a few small changes.

 From there, you can take your time converting to PG syntax and go
through more iterations in your dev and staging environments.

If it's early enough in the lifetime of your platform, you could also
just convert everything at once. That's not always an option for
everyone though. :)

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870