Re: [HACKERS] Features for next release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Features for next release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It seems people are thinking winter or early spring (northern hemisphere
that is ;-)) for the next major release, and by then I think there will
be enough cool stuff done that we can call it 7.0.  The only really big
to-do item that no one seems to be committed to doing in this cycle is
tuples bigger than a disk block, and maybe once the dust settles for
long queries someone will feel like tackling that...

I have another reason for calling it 7.0, which is that if we fix
the function-call interface the way I want to, we will break existing
user-written loadable modules that contain C-language functions.
Better to do that in a "7.0" than in a "6.6", no?