Re: Dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Mihai Gheorghiu <tanhq@bigplanet.com> writes:
> pg_dump... outputs nothing!? I did it with -f filename too, and the file is
> empty.
> Size of the file in question: 5MB, 7062 rows. Name of table:
> tblReservations.

Mixed case huh?  It's a little tricky to get pg_dump's -t switch to work
with that; I think you have to write
    pg_dump -s -t '"tblReservations"' dbname ...
Without the quoting, pg_dump lowercases the given name.

> I wanted to re-create the error today, but I got something different:
> pg_dump tantest > tantest.bak
> pqWait() -- connection not open
> PQendcopy: resetting connection

Hmm, that looks like a backend coredump.  Did you find a core file in
the database directory?  If so, can you get a backtrace from it?

            regards, tom lane