DST question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Wright, George
Subject DST question
Date
List pgsql-novice

I am trying to get Daylight Savings Time working for the EAST Brazilian time zone. In Brazil for 2007, the DST change occurs on Oct. 13-14.

I tried setting the DB to each of the following time zones with the statement:  SET SESSION TIME ZONE <TZ>;

Where <TZ> was one of the following:

‘America/Sao_Paulo Brazil/East’;

‘EBST3EBDT’;

‘BRT’

The DST switch appears to happen on 10/28/2007 between the hours of 1am and 2am with all 3 of those strings.

The output of select version();  is:

PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

O/S is Suse 10.2

How do I get the proper DST for East Brazil to work?

Thanks.