Re: Patch: Force Primitives - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mikko Tiihonen
Subject Re: Patch: Force Primitives
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 03/25/2013 05:51 PM, Nicholas White wrote:
> I've revised the patch to make Array.getArray() return a primitive array even when using the binary transfer format.
Ihad to add extra code to force a
> statement to do a describe query before executing (previously it would only do this if the org.postgresql.forcebinary
systemproperty was set), as the
> QueryExecutorImpl needs the Field objects to be populated when sendBind is called, or the query results will be sent
backin Text format. The PrimitivesTest
> unit test my patch adds verifies that a column is being returned in the correct (text or binary) format. I think this
fixesan outstanding bug; I believe binary
> transfers will only be used if the system property is set, and the binaryTransfer JDBCUrl parameter is currently
useless.

By default the binary transfers for receive kick in only after the 3rd execution of a prepared statement. Do you see
thebinary transfers activating for array
receives if you run your prepared statement select in a loop?

The forceBinary option is for unit tests that do not want to repeat every statement 3 times.

-Mikko