Re: SIGHUP not received by custom bgworkers if postmaster is notified - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: SIGHUP not received by custom bgworkers if postmaster is notified
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21-03-2013 05:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
> While playing with custom background workers, I noticed that postmaster does
> not notify its registered bgworkers if it receives SIGHUP,
> so you have to send a SIGHUP directly to the bgworker process to notify it.
> Signal handling is correctly done for SIGQUIT and SIGTERM for shutdown only.
> Attached is a patch fixing that, I simply added a call to
> SignalUnconnectedWorkers in SIGHUP_handler:postmaster.c.

Per this discussion [1], it seems it is as is by design. AFAICS controlling
when change configuration parameters is a feature not a bug. Alvaro said that
will include SIGHUP handle in worker_spi (see [2] for how to process
configurantion file).

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20121231140353.GC4363@alvh.no-ip.org
[2]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1357210591.1964.22.camel@localhost.localdomain