Re: Fwd: [cbp] New MySQL Journal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bob Zurek
Subject Re: Fwd: [cbp] New MySQL Journal
Date
postgresql publication ---> was "Re: New MySQL Journal"  (Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi:
I'm the new CTO of EntepriseDB and have just joined this list. Look
forward to actively participating in the efforts/community/evangelism,
etc on PostgreSQL. I'm very pleased and excited to be part of this
effort and look forward to meeting many of you thru the course of
further elevating PostgreSQL visibility in the market.

With respect to this topic, I hope to reach out to Fuat Kircaali who is
the founder and CEO of SYS-CON Media and whom I've known for many years
to discuss the potential of creating a new PostgreSQL Journal that could
be published by them. Again, this would be exploratory at first to gauge
their interest and to determine the process for creating a journal by
them. I'll report back on my findings, but I think this is a great idea.

SysCon are the producers of many technology journals including AjaxWorld
Magazine, Java Developer Journal, Enterprise Open Source Magazine, etc.
Their website is here: http://www5.sys-con.com/ They also do
events/conferences like AjaxWorld.

I will also touch base with their executive editor also.

Bob