Re: JSON Function Bike Shedding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: JSON Function Bike Shedding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/18/2013 12:29 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> One wrinkle in this picture is the variadic forms of extraction which
> don't lend themselves nicely to use with an operator. We could decide to
> do away with those altogether, or come up with a better name. I'm loath
> to use "json_path" since it's a name used for something similar but
> different elsewhere. I do think it's valuable to have the variadic form,
> though, and I'd be sad to see it go.

Given that the variadic form is meant to be the foundation of future
tree-based indexing of JSON values, I really don't want to do without
it.  Plus, I'd be forced to reimplement it in my own code.

But the name does need work.  json_tree? Hmmm, no good ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.