Re: A plague of link spam ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: A plague of link spam ...
Date
List pgsql-www
On 03/16/2013 07:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:

>>> However - I still don't think we can seriously consider blocking all of
>>> yahoo inbound - what do others think about this?
>
>> Sooner or later someone has to make a stand.
>
> TBH I wasn't (very) seriously suggesting we institute such a block on
> the project's mailing lists, only remarking that I was about ready
> to do so for my own mail.  But I'm well known for having draconian
> filtering in place.
>
> What I *would* like to see on the lists is some attempt at catching
> link spam, because more and more of that has been getting through
> lately.  I'm not sure all of it has been from yahoo accounts.

working on it, spent a few hours yesterday and today to work on our
filtering but it is not as easy as simply declaring "everything that is
a very short mail and has a url in it is bad".
We do have regular mailbox users (in the same namespaces as the list) as
do we have lists that want to receive such stuff (say the sysadmin list
getting an email about a failed http download from a cronjob with
basically just the url).

Stefan