Re: A plague of link spam ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: A plague of link spam ...
Date
List pgsql-www
On 03/15/2013 07:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I've been seeing more and more link spam getting through on the PG
> lists; this past week there's been about one a day.  It might or might
> not be relevant that just about every single one of them is from
> yahoo.com accounts.  (I am only about one or two more spams away from
> summarily blocking all yahoo traffic from my own mail server, btw.
> They account for easily a third of all the spam I'm seeing lately.)

yeah abuse on yahoo accounts is really bad, but I don't think we can
block those in general...

> Can't we adjust the spam filters to be a bit more wary of traffic like
> the attached?  Single body line consisting of a URL is not legitimate
> list traffic IMO.

I will see what I can do, alvaro and I have some ideas on how to improve
our current filtering but doing that without blocking (too much)
legimate mail requires careful testing and evaluation...

Stefan