Re: A plague of link spam ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: A plague of link spam ...
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> I've been seeing more and more link spam getting through on the PG
> lists; this past week there's been about one a day.  It might or might
> not be relevant that just about every single one of them is from
> yahoo.com accounts.  (I am only about one or two more spams away from
> summarily blocking all yahoo traffic from my own mail server, btw.
> They account for easily a third of all the spam I'm seeing lately.)

Yeah, I have removed the subscriptions for these addresses on sight.
Sadly, it seems unused Yahoo accounts are ripe for malfeasants to pick.
We removed hundreds of old, unused Yahoo and Hotmail addresses when we
moved the listserver, but evidently new ones keep popping up.  (It's a
bit funny that old addresses can be created anew.)

> Can't we adjust the spam filters to be a bit more wary of traffic like
> the attached?  Single body line consisting of a URL is not legitimate
> list traffic IMO.

I'll let Stefan chime in on this.