Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think part of the reason we ended up with the protocol parameters =
> GUCs thing is because you seemed to be concurring with that approach
> upthread. I think it was Jelte's idea originally, but I interpreted
> some of your earlier remarks to be supporting it. I'm not sure whether
> you've revised your opinion, or just refined it, or whether we
> misinterpreted your earlier remarks.

I don't recall exactly what I thought earlier, but now I think we'd
be better off with separate infrastructure.  guc.c is unduly complex
already.  Perhaps there are bits of it that could be factored out
and shared, but I bet not a lot.