pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(reposting" apparently I used a verboten word the firsttime around <sigh>. Sorry for any duplicates)

The -t and -n options of pg_dump do not dump anything from an extension
configuration table, whereas normal pg_dump will dump the user data.

To see what I mean, in psql do (tested on pg9.2):
8<--------------------------
create extension postgis;
insert into spatial_ref_sys values(42,'test',42,'foo','bar');
8<--------------------------

Then in bash do:
8<--------------------------
pg_dump                    test|grep spatial_ref_sys
pg_dump -t spatial_ref_sys test|grep spatial_ref_sys
pg_dump -n public          test|grep spatial_ref_sys

Is this intentional, or oversight, or missing feature?

Thanks,

Joe

--
Joe Conway