Re: transforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: transforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter,

> At run time, this will sort itself out, because all the required modules
> will be loaded.  The problem is when you create the "glue" extension and
> haven't invoked any code from any of the dependent extension in the
> session.

Just invoking code doesn't seem to be enough.  I tried just using the
Hstore data type, and then loading hstore_plperl, but that still didn't
work.  It seems like only CREATE EXTENSION loads *all* the symbols.

> Abstractly, the possible solutions are either not to check the
> functions when the extension is created (possibly settable by a flag) or
> to somehow force a load of all dependent extensions when the new
> extension is created.

The latter would be ideal, but I don't know that we currently have any
mechanism for it.

--Josh

--
Josh Berkus