Re: Proposed changes to security.html - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Proposed changes to security.html
Date
List pgsql-www
> That might be worthwhile consideration for introductory or marketing
> material, say, but for the purpose of tracking security issues,
> "contrib" is perfectly clear: If you are installing from source, it is
> code that lives under contrib/.  If you are installing from binary, it
> is code that is in the postgresql-contrib package (usually).  Calling it
> anything other than "contrib" cannot possibly make that more clear.

Yeah, I suppose the security page is not the place to address this.  We
have a larger project problem in using three different bits of
terminology for mostly the same set of software.  We can fix the
security page once we fix the terminology in general.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.