Re: Review : Add hooks for pre- and post-processor executables for COPY and \copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Review : Add hooks for pre- and post-processor executables for COPY and \copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27.02.2013 08:32, Amit Kapila wrote:
> If there is semicolon at end, it takes it into account for creating
> filename.
> \copy foo to c:\data\foo.out;
> This problem was fixed in previous patch, but I think handling of quotes has
> changed this behavior.

This is existing behavior, that creates a file called "foo.out;" on
previous psql versions as well. I agree it's almost certainly not what
the user intended, but that's a separate patch.

- Heikki