Re: Connection with server dropping out - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bastiaan Olij
Subject Re: Connection with server dropping out
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey Adrian,

> So where did you find this message listed in your original post:
>
> "On the client side we generally see a "could not receive data from
> server: The system cannot find the path specified."."

Owh sorry, I'll explain a bit deeper. Omnis Studio is a development
environment that we use to develop our software with. Obviously there is
some middleware involved that allows software written in Omnis to talk
to a postgres backend and that bit is a bit of a black box obviously. As
far as I'm aware it's a very thin layer directly talking to the postgres
client libraries.

It is hard for me to tell whether the error is returned by the postgres
client libraries and passed back to my code as is or whether this is an
internal error returned by the code written by TigerLogic. Googling on
it I did however find some references to this error coming up in pgAdmin
making me suspect the former.

I can't pin the error to any query we're executing against postgres, it
seems to happen at random intervals with whatever code is running at
that given time which is making it very frustrating to debug which is
why I'm suspecting some outside influence. As we've got many users
connecting to our server who do not experience this I'm also inclined to
think the source of the issue is neither in the client nor the server
but something that happens in between.

I'm just hoping someone else ran into this situation and was able to
find a cause and offer a solution.

Cheers,

Bastiaan Olij