Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Florian Klaar
Subject Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
> Apologies for the delay in replying...
No problem at all...

> On further thought, I'm fairly convinced that this is probably the
> best way to implement this. It's infinitely more flexible and could be
> useful in so many different cases, and it avoids the need for many
> special cases in the code for handling scenarios like those we've
> discussed, but shifting that responsibility onto the user (bwhahahaha
> :-) ).
Agreed :-)

>  Wouldn't it be easiest to do this by adding a new procedure (WAIT) to
> the pgScript language, and then just running the query in a WHILE TRUE
> style loop, with a WAIT call in it?
To be honest, I haven't looked into pgScript yet, but it sounds like a
good idea to do so.

> I can't reproduce that here on Mac. Can you get a backtrace?
Not that easily, it seems. If I'm not mistaken you'd have to tell me how
to build a debug target for wxWidgets 2.8 in VC2010 because without it,
I can't build the pgAdmin debug target. From what I can tell when
running the release target though, it seems to be related to the UI - VC
breaks in frmQuery::OnChangeNotebook() at
viewMenu->Enable(MNU_OUTPUTPANE, false);
and the stack trace leads into wxWidgets territory. Sorry I can't
provide more information, but I'm really new to C/C++ and Visual Studio.
The crash seems to be 100% reproduceable on XP Pro SP3 and Win7 Pro SP1
with both the binary distribution and the custom built binary with
wxWidgets 2.8.12, if that's of any help. To reproduce, open pgAdmin
1.16.1, connect to server, select a database, open query editor, click
into sql notepad, click on GQB tab.

Regards,
Florian