Guidance on building Foreign Data Wrapper on Windows. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Silk Parrot
Subject Guidance on building Foreign Data Wrapper on Windows.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Hackers,

     I am interested in writing a FDW. I setup my environment on
Windows. However, I am not able to figure out how to build FDW
successfully.  Here is what I have done:

-Install the 9.2.2 by using EnterpriseDB installer. Add bin/ to the PATH
-I have followed the windows build instruction here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/install-windows-full.html. I
can run and debug it in Visual Studio.

But when I tried to build any existing FDW via cygwin, it just tells me
this:
C:/PostgreSQL/9.2/lib/pgxs/src/makefiels/pgxs.mk: No such file or directory

There is no pgxs.mk in that folder.

I have also read 35.16 Extension Building Infrastructure
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/extend-pgxs.html. But it
doesn't tell how to get PGXS.

     Since I see that file_fdw is available on windows. I am just
wondering what's the right way to build fdw.

     Thanks in advance.

Ryan