Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Date
Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/01/2013 08:55 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 02/01/2013 06:12 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

>>> Thanks.  Here's a rebased version.
>> Is there any chance someone could pick this up for 9.3 before it
>> diverges too much? It's ready to go, Windows only, and tested.
>>
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1023
>>

> I expect to get to it in due course if nobody else does. I have been
> set back some by the death and replacement of my Windows workstation,
> (plus coming to terms with Windows 8).

OK, I have looked at this and it seems perfectly sane. In fact, after a
very frustrating time VS2012 is the *only* way I have found to get a 64
bit build using MS tools on Windows 8. Given that, I propose to backport
these changes to 9.2 so we can get some buildfarm coverage of that tool
chain that includes the latest stable release.

cheers

andrew