Re: PGAdmin on Windows (yeah, i know!!) and registry/.ini questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: PGAdmin on Windows (yeah, i know!!) and registry/.ini questions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/4/2013 12:03 AM, David Wooffindin wrote:

> My question: are there any real docs on how to =E2=80=98force=E2=80=99 =
registry values=20
> so that all users get some preconfigured servers . . .
>
> That or, how to do it via an .ini file, cos the example ini doesn=E2=80=
=99t=20
> really say how to do what I=E2=80=99m looking to do.
>
> I=E2=80=99m trying to use AD/GPO to configure predefined servers for di=
fferent=20
> sites within our organization and I=E2=80=99m sort of going nuts trying=
 to=20
> find how to do this.
>
> Of course, mostly being screwed over due to GPO & AD, as opposed to=20
> pgadmin=E2=80=A6.
>
> Thanks for your time

what exactly do you mean by, 'preconfigured servers' ?     Postgres=20
makes no use of the registry except the service definition, and that=20
should be created with the pg_ctl command, or with the system sc=20
command.   creating databases and roles can/should be done with a sql=20
script run through psql.exe

--=20