Cascading replica waits for write on master to come up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Cascading replica waits for write on master to come up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(sending this again; it was eaten by the ethernet)

Heikki,

I thought this was only a 9.3 issue, but it turns out to be
reproduceable on 9.2.2.  Basically, I did:

1. master is queicent ... no writes occuring.
2. createded cascading replica (reprep1) from replica (repmaster)
3. reprep1 remains "in recovery mode" until a write occurs on master

I've been able to reproduce this several times on my laptop using
postmasters running on different ports.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.