Re: Is there a way to add a detail message in a warning with pl/Python? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Is there a way to add a detail message in a warning with pl/Python?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/30/2013 02:49 AM, DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:

> Em 29/01/2013 17:30, Adrian Klaver escreveu:
>> Why not:
>>
>> DO $$
>>      plpy.warning('test, detail')
>> $$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
>>
>> In log:
>>
>> WARNING:  test, detail
>>

> Because pgBadger doesn't use it this way:
>
> http://dalibo.github.com/pgbadger/example.html#NormalizedErrorsMostFrequentReport

I am not sure how you can determine that from the above. Looks like
pgBadger is searching the detail string and applying a mask when
appropriate i.e ERROR: relation "..." does not exist.

When you use plpy.warning it is going to output WARNING:"Your string".
If you are consistent in your naming of warnings I see no reason it
would not sort.

Worse come to worse you could always ask on the the pgBadger mailing list: